Register to Vote by October 9, 2020. [Note: Would-be voters may same-day register and vote in-person during the early voting period.]
Early Voting (In Person): October 15-31, 2020 [M-F 8am-7:30pm, Sat 8am-3pm, Sun 2pm-5pm]
Request Absentee Ballot by October 27, 2020
Absentee Ballot due by November 3, 2020 at 5:00pm (but please do not wait til then!)
Election Day (In Person): November 3, 2020
To register online to vote
- Click this link and then click “Go to Voter Registration Application“
- Log in or create an account for the NCDMV’s portal
- Get out your driver’s license or state-issued ID card
- Fill out the form and submit it
- Easy as that!
If you don’t have a driver’s license or state-issued ID card, no worries!
Send your registration in the mail
To vote by mail (absentee voting)
- Start by submitting a Mail-In Ballot Request form (en Español) to the Lenoir County Board of Elections. You can submit your Request Form by mail, in person, by fax, by email and must be received no later than 5:00 P.M. on Tuesday, October 27th.
- One week after your submit your Mail-In Ballot Request Form, call your local board of elections to make sure they have received it and that it has been approved. Counties will begin mailing ballots in early September.
- Once you receive your ballot in the mail, fill it out!
- Fill out your ballot in the presence of 1 witness. Your witness can your roommate, your sibling, your mom, your neighbor, your friend, anyone, as long as they are 18 or older.
- Put your ballot back in the envelope they provide and fill out the information. Then you and your 1 witness will sign it.
- After you’re done filling it out, put a stamp on it and return it to the Lenoir County Board of Elections.Your completed Ballot must be received by your County Board of Elections no later than 5:00 P.M. on Election Day: Tuesday, November 3rd.